Monday, February 25, 2013

Botany picture #40: Dipodium variegatum


Something Australian for a change. As mentioned sometime when I started the blog, Australian plants will not feature that strongly among the botany picture because while I obviously take many photographs of them they are mostly for work. On the other hand, I have tons of plant pictures from Europe and South America that I would like to present here...

Still, there are a few nice plant pictures that I take in Australia without collecting a voucher and without using them for work, and this is one of them. Dipodium variegatum (Orchidaceae), New South Wales, 2011. One of the colleagues at my institute is an orchid expert and he is kind enough to sometimes put names onto my pictures when I am unsure.

No comments:

Post a Comment